Open AAE File
Files with file extension AAE are used by iOS mobile operating system to store adjustments made to photos by user. These changes include crop, contrast and brightness change, rotation. AAE files are typically refered to as a sidecar files. When you export photos from your iOS device AAE files with photo adjustments are also exported. AAE files do not contain actual photos. They only store description of adjustments made to photo file.
AAE files could be read by most of the Adobe applications including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Bridge. Make sure that you have original JPG file together with AAE file in order for it to be processed correctly.
If you need to export edited copy of the photo from your iOS device to your PC or Mac you can do it by downloading photo from iCloud. Please note that by doing this you will download only edited version of the file and you won't be able to revert to original on the PC or Mac.
Open AAE File on Windows OS
- Find a AAE file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the AAE file in question.
- If you know the application which can open AAE file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open AAE file then try to search for "AAE wiki", "application to open AAE file" or "AAE file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open AAE file
Rate this page: 5/5 based on 16 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open AAE files, file extension aae and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...